Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to ensuring that your personal data is protected.
We will never misuse or sell your data to anyone. We ensure any data we hold is stored securely.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and you should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Who we are
For any questions you may have in connection with this policy please contact our Marketing Manager using the following contact details:
Marketing Manager, Torel Group, Crisent Road House, 9 Aughey Bridge Approach, Lisboa, 1000-024
Telephone number: +351 200 194 286
What information do we collect
We collect and use (“process“) your personal data when you use our website, register with us, complete a booking form, fill response cards, subscribe to mailing lists, enter competitions, participate in market research and when you contact us online and offline. This information includes:
Information you give us
This includes your:
- name, nationality, date of birth, passport details, contact information, address;
- subscription and demographic information such as preferences, interests, age and family information;
- information relating to your holiday such as reviews, blogs, image or video uploads, questionnaire data, holiday enquiries and brochure or marketing request;
- information relating to quoting and booking a travel service, including destinations, countries and products you are interested in, information regarding family and travel companion(s) such as names, addresses, emergency contacts, special service needs, passport information, dates of birth, insurance information, visa information, nationality, frequent flier program membership details, flight details (in the event that flights are not booked with us) and country of residence. This information can include special category data (which is sometimes also referred to as “sensitive personal data”) such as information about disabilities or medical or dietary restrictions;
- information you freely give us to set up a honeymoon list service;
- information you give us when you complete surveys, participate in competitions, give feedback, take advantage of offers, take part in market research, fill in forms on our site or mobile app, correspond with us and when you make complaints;
- any other information that you voluntarily give us that is relevant to travel planning or feedback.
Information we collect about you
We may automatically collect the following information when you use our site or when you access our marketing information or contact us by email, via LiveChat, online enquiry or phone:
- browsing information (including the manner in which you navigate our website and your booking journey), referral information, purchase and search history; the domain and IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet;
- information about your computer or device (such as the screen resolution and type of device, e.g. Mac or Windows), browser type, operating system, internet connection, referral information;
- telephone information including phone numbers, call duration and call recordings for both outgoing and incoming calls;
- transcripts of conversations over LiveChat and records of details you complete through our online enquiry forms;
- details such as your username when you interact with us on social media (e.g. you tag us or mention us in a post)
Information provided to us by or collected from third parties
- The information mentioned in this policy (above) which is provided to us by your family members, travel companions or other persons who manage your travel arrangements;
- we update address information “Change of Address” file;
- Google Analytics provides us with information about your visit to our website. This covers session information, length of visits, repeat visits, page interaction information (such as clicks and mouse movements), and search terms which lead you to our website;
- contact details given to us by partners who have run competitions for Torel Group products.
What do we do with the information we gather
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to tailor trips to you and your travel companions;
- to book the travel services you have booked through our travel partners globally;
- to book flights on your behalf and on behalf of your travel companions;
- to send you travel related documentation such as booking confirmations;
- to maintain contact with you during the booking process;
- to send you newsletters and/or marketing information if you make an enquiry or booking with us OR if you consent;
- to maintain our records and audit our business;
- to comply with regulatory requirements and requests for information received from regulators and competent authorities;
- to train our staff and improve our business, products and services;
- to market our business on third party websites;
- to contact you for market research purposes;
- to personalise and customise the content of our website according
- to your interests;
- to tailor the content of our marketing to you;
- to retain factual information which can be relevant to resolving disputes;
- to prevent and to assist in the detection of crime;
- to maintain and communicate with you about your account with us;
- to provide you with services you request from us and to otherwise enter into and perform contracts with you, including providing customer support;
- to administer and improve our site and app, including ensuring that online content is presented to you in the most effective and/or personalised manner, remembering your preferences and allowing you to participate in interactive features;
- to maintain and improve the integrity and security of our systems and data;
- to measure the effectiveness of marketing;
- to carry out market research.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting third party sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or other device when you visit a website. They are very widely used in order to make websites function properly, or more efficiently, as well as provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. For instance, our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded video powered by Vimeo. Disabling all cookies may mean you cannot access the functions offered by these third parties.